Now is the time when loved ones are finally reuniting once again at airports for a highly anticipated embrace and quality time spent together. Reunions and significant moments like this deserve to be celebrated, and here at Heartfelt Florist, we believe that there is no better greeting than with a cheerful bouquet of fresh flowers. While there are countless ways to express yourself, flowers are a timeless token that conveys gratitude, love, and a meaningful friendship. Check out our recommendations below as we explore the most appropriate beautiful, symbolic blooms for your friends, partners, family members, and acquaintances.
Greeting Loved Ones with the Language of Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
If you plan to pick up your friend from the airport, you’ll want to ensure they know how happy you are to see them, especially if it has been a long time since you last saw each other. In addition to choosing a bouquet of flowers that represent cheer and joy, there are a few popular blooms that also signify friendship. With this collection of flowers, you can create a truly colorful arrangement or pick out their favorite colors.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
The excitement and bliss you feel as you prepare to reunite with a significant other at the airport are unlike no other. Sometimes we are submerged in a wave of relief as we count down the seconds until our longing for our loved one is broken. As these feelings are deep, passionate, and intense, saying “I’ve missed you” or “I love you” might not feel like enough. In this case, consider these romantic flowers to help do the talking.
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Picking up family members from the airport might mean they are being welcomed back home after a trip or are arriving for a much-needed or overdue visit. Whatever the reason may be, greeting them with a bundle of blooms is sure to warm their heart. These flowers will let them know how much they are loved and missed or that you are grateful and thrilled to see them.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
Floral bouquets and arrangements are a beautiful way to welcome any guest to town regardless of who they are. Especially after a long flight, travelers can often use a mood boost and a breath of fresh air. Luckily, flowers can offer both! Whether you want to express joy and happiness or simply say “welcome,” these brilliant blooms are sure to do the trick.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
Although each flower is connected to a specific meaning and carries magnificent symbolism, meaningful floral bouquets and arrangements also carry symbolism through the hues of their petals. With each bloom having its own inspiring story to share, consider amplifying its representation by its color. Keep in mind a few of these favorite floral hues.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
Greeting out-of-town guests with fresh flowers is an old tradition practiced all across the world. For instance, the iconic Hawaiian lei has been presented to the island’s visitors since the 1800s, when their first “tourists” would arrive by steamships. Welcoming island guests with a string of island blooms, nuts, and shells represents respect, hospitality, and “aloha,” or “welcome.” If you were to visit the Hawaiian Islands today, you might still experience this “authentic Hawaiin hello” as you arrive at the airport.
Now that you feel inspired, browse Heartfelt Florist’s online collection of uplifting, welcoming, and bright floral arrangements to bring with you the next time you pick up a loved one from the airport. Your favorite travelers will undoubtedly love and appreciate their warm welcome into town.